- The most longstanding myth of all is the story about George Washington chopping down his father’s cherry tree, which in fact was invented by Mason L. Weems, Washington’s biographer.
- The far-famed version of the first American flag’s creation gives Betsy Ross credit for the flag’s design. However, there is no documentary proof of this story.
- The famous creator of Mickey Mouse, Walt Disney didn’t actually draw the cartoon character. The credit is due to Ub Iwerks.
- Another myth promoted by Disney is the love affair between Pocahontas and John Smith, who were 12 and 28 years old respectively at the time they met.
- Abraham Lincoln didn’t view himself as an abolitionist and had rather complicated ideas about slavery.
Test the knowledge of your country!Play now