- Washington is the only state to be named after a president.
- Washington’s state fruit is the apple.
- The state has more glaciers than the other contiguous states combined.
- Washington is the state that produces the most apples out of all other states.
- The state gets an average of 38.17 inches of rainfall each year.
- Washington is the birthplace of Jimi Hendrix.
- The state’s official insect is the Green Darner Dragonfly.
- Starbucks was founded in Seattle, Washington.
- In 1980, the northeast face of Mount St. Helens exploded outward. A huge part of the top of the volcano was destroyed as a result.
- The state is home to Amazon.com.
- The percentage of non-religious people in Washington is the highest of any state.
Ready to testyour all-American knowledge?
The quiz is already waiting for you, just tap the button below!Start Quiz