- Santa Fe is the highest capital city in the country: it is 7000 feet above sea level.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico, hosts the world’s biggest hot air balloon festival each October.
- Taos Pueblo has been inhabited for a thousand years: it is considered one of the oldest continuously inhabited communities in the country.
- New Mexico has more PhDs holders per capita than any other state.
- If you climb the top of Capulin Volcano, you can see five different states.
- The first atomic bomb exploded in the state in 1945.
- New Mexico is one of the youngest states of the country.
- Idiots are not allowed to vote in New Mexico. The state’s constitution officially bars them from voting.
- It’s illegal to dance in the state while wearing your sombrero.
Test your knowledge of the States!
See how well you know the country!Start Quiz